Chris Mercer, co-founder of Measurement Marketing.io, is a sought after measurement marketing expert. For the past 5 years, Mercer (as he’s known) and his team have been helping marketers, marketing teams, and agencies know, trust, and grow their numbers.
First by planning out what’s important to measure in their marketing, then how to actually measure it by using tools like Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics, pulling actionable insights from what’s being measured, and finally predicting future results.
Mercer spends countless hours reading, practicing, adjusting and innovating to improve his skill set. He has a knack for teaching, and is known for his ability to simplify even the most complex ideas for his audience.
Today we discuss how to truly understand what's going on inside your Google Analytics. Finally you'll be able to make sense of where your traffic, leads, and sales are all coming from. Chris has a different approach to how you should view your analytics and it will change how you look at your numbers forever.
“You’re not looking for accuracy. It’s another dangerous thing people look for… It’s never gonna be right. Don’t worry about accuracy. Worry about the useful truth. That truth is in the trend, the power is in the patterns.”– Chris Mercer
Some topics that were discussed include:
- Chris’ journey in online marketing
- The learning curve people go through with Google Analytics
- Tips on how to effectively use Google Analytics for beginners
- An overview on Google Tag Manager and its benefits
- The analogy of a sales pipeline and defining your sales goals
- How to efficiently determine your source of traffic
- Chris’ take on awareness, engagement, and clicks
- Ways to successfully use UTM codes
- The meta rules on UTM codes
- Why Chris uses all 5 of the UTM parameters
- Who Chris looks up to when it comes to analytics
- Plus so much more!
Contact Chris Mercer:
References & links mentioned:
- Simo Ahava's Blog
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Traffic & Conversion Summit
- Our Biggest Takeaways From Traffic And Conversion Summit
- Tina Marie – Why You Should Know Your Numbers And What To Do With That Info
- Scott Desgrosseilliers – How To Figure Out Your Most Effective Marketing Channels
Subscribe & Review The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!