James is based in Sydney Australia, he has started, developed, and sold multiple successful businesses. A passionate father, investor, surfer, husband, coach, mentor and lover of freedom, James excels in making the complex world of business simple so that your quality of life can improve.
When James started online he was a General Manager working with Mercedes-Benz commanding a large team of employees in a multi-million dollar business by day and an online marketer by night.
On today’s episode, James will be talking us through his concepts on “Work less, make more”. He will describe how to effectively leverage yourself, your team and your business.
“You can create a business and provide a life that you want, instead of the traditional 9-5 work, retire and do nothing idea that perhaps our parents grew up with.” – James Schramko
Some topics that were discussed include:
- From being a debt collector to a salesman – James’ journey in starting a business
- How “EHR” is calculated & What it is
- The mindset required to balance personal life and business
- Why successful business people need their own coaches
- Tips to avoid being a workaholic while hustling
- The key to having a successful business
- “How often can I surf?” – The important question, and what is YOUR equivalent
- The purpose of your business other than helping people
- The humbling Christmas story and how James’ coaching community started
- Effective ways to keep recurring revenue
- The background of James’ businesses
- From being fired to being one of his best customers – A success story from one of Jame’s students
- One universal truth… “Everybody will have to sacrifice at the beginning”
- The prime marketing channel he used and why it works so well
- James’ events and how he works on it
- Plus so much more!
References & links mentioned:
- James’ New Book – Work Less, Make More – The counter-intuitive approach to building a profitable business, and a life you actually
- Aaron Fletcher
- Richard Branson
- Ezra Firestone
- How To Grow An Online Membership
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It..and Why the Rest Don’t (Rockefeller Habits 2.0) Book by Verne Harnish
Subscribe & Review The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!