In today’s episode, we are joined by one of our former guests, Travis Ketchum who is known for creating Contest Domination and is now running his most recent program, Campaign Refinery. After getting frustrated with the lack of proper services to test deliverability options, Travis decided to create one himself. You are in for a treat as Travis talks about the amazing split testing that his tool can do on multiple levels, which not only saves you time but the annoyance of having to switch on the front end from one carrier to another, as it’s done on the backend of his software.
We also dive into the key things everyone should be doing to make sure their list has the highest quality threshold and the best chances for high open rates. Plus to set yourself apart, we talk about some other cool ways to get your readers excited about hearing from you such as gamifying your list. Lastly, we get into some real talk about a subject we continue to discuss which is anxiety, depression, and becoming stuck in comparison mode and how to combat those things to keep you on track.
After you are finished, be sure to listen to our previous episode with Travis as he discusses how to build a list with contests and giveaways along with our episode with Wilco de Kreij on how to build your list exponentially.
“If your compass was one-tenth of one degree off it’s not a big deal for the first mile, but you do that path forever and you end up in a wildly different spot.” – Travis Ketchum
Download The Episode Companion For This Episode
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to clean up your list for maximum deliverability results
- Why you want to split test everything on the backend
- How to add gamification to your email list-building model
- The different levels of split testing
- How to keep things in perspective when things go wrong
- How Travis’ new podcast is a platform about the frustrations with running a subscription business
- The evergreen flash sale
- Tips and dealing with anxiety and comparisons with other entrepreneurs when using social media
- Best practices for when someone hits the offer page after it’s over
- And much, much more!
Contact Travis Ketchum:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here where you’ll get not only all of the notes for everything episode we’ve done and will do in the mail, a private forum community, plus new training videos all the time with us and our guests.
- This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO research tool, Ahrefs.com. We use this amazing tool pretty much daily, and if you listen back to some of our most recent episodes, we breakdown some of the tactics we use in our intros, such as website audits, looking at our competitors’ websites, and finding low hanging fruit keywords for easy Google rankings. It’s like having cheat codes for business. As of this episode, they have a 7 day $7 trial, so be sure to check it out.
- Our previous episode with Travis Ketchum
- Our episode with Mike Dillard
- Our episode with Wilco de Kreij
- One Nation Under Stress, a documentary on HBO
- Amazon SES
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!