We had an amazing conversation on today’s show with Tom Sylvester, who had a mission to retire by the age of 35 (and he did it by age 32!). We talk about what goes on both in goal achievement and what happens after you achieve those goals. The first half of this conversation is all about systemizing, and how to figure out what to systemize, clearing out the bottlenecks in your business, and how to back yourself out of your business so that it can run without you.
In the second half of our conversation, we discuss what life is like once your business is systemized and how to deal with the new challenges that pop up once you do not need to focus on your business as much. It’s an interesting roadmap for sure, and that’s where we both got lit up, as we talked about the issues that arise about what you do with your life moving ahead. After listening, go check out our conversations with James Altucher and Austin Sams for more insight into how to dial it in to set up your life and your business on your own terms.
“That was how I built everything…if I could just get the businesses and the income to exceed the expenses, I can pretty much not have to worry about working, and have everything covered.” – Tom Sylvester
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- The blessing and the curse of having a podcast
- How to own your day so you get the most impactful things done first
- Why meditating will actually help you get more done
- How to do a time audit for you and your business to find out where the bottlenecks are
- The importance of weekly reviews and acknowledging your wins
- How to revamp your home office to get you more focused and dialed in
- Shifting your mind state through journaling
- Variations on gratitude practices
- Details of The 2X Formula
- And much, much more!
Resources From Tom Sylvester:
References and Links Mentioned:
- The Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday
- Principles by Ray Dalio
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar, be sure to check them out as well, with this special discount for our listeners.
- Reverse Engineering How Much Income You Actually Need – James Altucher
- The 2 Hour A Day Business – Austin Sams
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!