It’s been an interesting few weeks and in today’s show, we chat with Tom Kulzer, who is the founder and Chief Executive Officer at AWeber, a powerfully-simple email marketing and automation platform for small businesses, where he is actively involved in the company’s strategic direction, growth and evolution. Over the company’s 20-year history, Tom has nurtured AWeber from a small start-up to a robust organization that has enabled over one million customers all over the world to grow their businesses.
You’ll hear us chat about how AWeber was founded and got its name as well as how the recent turn of events has affected email marketing. We also talk about a really cool way to turn your email into an interactive web page. More importantly, Tom discusses the all-important best practices of what to do and what to avoid when sending emails to your list and the determining factors that can potentially flag your messages where they may be seen less or even be flagged as phishing emails. When you’re done listening, check out some more email strategies from Travis Ketchum and Wilco de Kreij.
“I think it’s really important when you think about the folks that you’re communicating with as actual people and not ‘your list’.” – Tom Kulzer
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How AWeber got its name and will the real Mr. Weber please stand up
- The Whack-A-Mole game at AWeber which makes it a better platform for us all
- How the coronavirus graph has mirrored email marketing
- Entrepreneurial mistake #1 (are you doing this as well?)
- What to do and say in your very first email to your subscriber
- Why AWeber actually thinks your list should not be as big as you think
- What the heck is SPF & DKIM and how it relates to your deliverability
- The best ways to nurture your email list in order for your emails to actually get read
- A way to send out only one newsletter to both paid and unpaid subscribers, where the paid subscribers are not shown ads
- And much, much more!
Contact Tom Kulzer:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Amp For Email
- Setting up SPF & DKIM on your domain
- Remote by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO research tool, Ahrefs.com
- How To Get More Of Your Marketing Emails In The Inbox – Travis Ketchum
- How To Engineer Viral Email List Growth – Wilco de Kreij
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!