Todd Herman describes himself as a science nerd, sports nut, mindset geek, performance junkie, and ass kicker. We refer to him as the world’s greatest salesperson, even winning a contest by that same name. He’s got 22 years of experience in the peak performance space and has seen a lot of things come and go over that time.
He has a knack for coaching people and explains how to be on your best game, whether you are in practice mode or in the real game in front of a crowd and how to get your ideas out of your mind and into the field of play. Todd also goes into depth on how the most important part of grabbing hold of your alter ego is that you want to emotionally connect with it as well as with whoever is your inspiration for your alter ego.
Todd has also coached thousands of people, including top athletes, performers and entrepreneurs over the years and has helped them, sometimes on short notice, to step up their game, both literally and figuratively. He talks about his new book and offers tips on how to access your alter ego to finally become the person that you want to be.
Todd encourages everyone to regain their sense of playfulness that we all had as kids in order to find the zone and tap into your preferred identity as well as creating and maintaining healthy relationships which lead to an overall and meaningful life.
“When you get the flash of creative inspiration, stab it immediately, otherwise you’ll lose it.” – Todd Herman
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to use the power of alter ego and what it is
- How to develop your own alter ego
- One tactic that most people never use, but gets Todd customers for life
- How to turn your alter ego on and off at will
- How to get over imposter syndrome
- What Todd did as a football athlete to create a winning environment for himself
- Alter egos of famous people he has worked with
- Why participating in individual sports is even more important than team sports
- Why building a game plan is one of the key things to create if you are an entrepreneur
- How a simple pair of glasses can help banish rejection
- And much, more more!
Contact Todd Herman:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Get the EGP Letter
- The Alter Ego Effect by Todd Herman
- Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy
- International Advertising Festival
- Ogilvy’s contest for the World’s Greatest Salesperson.
- Funny videos that Ogilvy created.
- Todd’s winning video about the simple red brick
- Quality of Life Study
- The 90 Day Year
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!