When unveiling a new healing method to the public, it generally takes 17 years or more to be accepted by the mainstream. The fact that Dr. Steve Ruden and his brother Ronald have organically grown the practice of havening in 22 countries in eight languages in three years is nothing short of incredible.
Flashback to 2004 when Dr. Ruden’s brother discovered the practice of TFT while in residency (TFT = Thought Field Therapy). He used it to cure a phobia of a staff member and was so inspired, he spent the next couple of hours working through perceived “traumas” or blocks of everyone on staff.
For the next five years, the brothers worked on the neuroscience behind why a method such as TFT worked and developed havening, the method as it is known today. Havening is an alternative healing method to reframe the brain’s recollection of a traumatic or red flag event so that it can no longer negatively affect the behavior, health or emotional state of the patient when they are triggered by a current event that subconsciously recalls said trauma.
In today’s episode, we team up with Marx Acosta Rubio to discover what the havening practice is, how to shift out of limiting beliefs and into desired behaviors, and why this particular method of healing the brain works from a scientific perspective.
If this episode has you into ways you can shift your own mindset, be sure to check into Marx Acosta-Rubio’s episode on framing your mindset for success as well as David Allen’s episode about prioritizing the importance of what you choose to do on the daily.
People need to come to believe that change is possible. You can actually change the circumstances if you so desire to.”– Dr. Steven Ruden
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How does someone practice self-havening?
- The scientific explanation behind why so many people are stuck in their limiting beliefs and how they can remove the roadblocks quickly
- How havening works to change not only how people perceive things but how the body responds to things
- The importance of the interconnectedness of the cortex, amygdala, neurons and glial cells to mapping new behaviors
- Who pitches underhand lob and who throws the grenades?
- Marx says he was sparring, not fighting when havening saved the day
- Why does havening supercharge affirmations?
- In order for change to occur, one first has to believe this
- How to practice self-havening at the start of your day and foster greater resilience
- The two layers surrounding your values that are important for awareness and change
- How to use words to create the lense of your perception that you desire
- The differences between havening and EFT
- People who are best served with a havening session or a self-havening practice
- The seven havening subsets practitioners use to treat traumatic blocks
- Definition of a red flag event and why it is such a powerful behavior modifier
- Yet another reason why calcium is important for a healthy body
- How havening can improve a company culture
- Transcript coming soon
Contact Dr. Steve Ruden:
- Visit the website at havening.org
- Watch Tam Johnston on YouTube demonstrate havening
- Send Dr. Steve an email at email@example.com to report on your self-havening progress
References and Links Mentioned:
- The Past Is Always Present by Ronald Ruden
- Marx Acosta-Rubio – How To Achieve Massive Success In Whatever You Do
- David Allen – How A Simple New Habit Will Change Your Life And Reduce Your Stress
- If a success mindset is something you struggle to foster, learn how we can help. Learn more about the Advisory here.
Subscribe & Review The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!