This episode is going to be a great extension of what we have been chatting about in the last few weeks. Also, since we’ve been talking a lot about branding, we are back to branding these episodes as a Therapy Session once again. There’s been some great opportunities that we have been discussing for a while, specifically in the creator economy. We now see our company as a media company rather than just a podcast. We also know there are those listeners who are not necessarily trying to create a media brand, so we wanted to speak to that audience. If you know that the creator economy is getting bigger, there’s never been a better time to figure out how to sell the shovels to that industry without having to be an influencer.
We talk about the opportunities that we see in the creator economy and some cool stats that compare it to the gig economy. We also drop some insight into how you, as an entrepreneur can use this opportunity. Once you become aware of where the money and attention is flowing, you can position yourself and ride that wave with the creators. It’s a smart approach and we’ll talk about some ways where it’s not you building the media company, but you can be the specialist to provide your services to those on the rise, even positioning yourself for rev deals and partnership. Once you listened, be sure to check out our chats with Gary Henderson and Travis Chappell for tips on how to make connections and network with influencers on a level playing field.
“Position yourself properly and strategically – anyone can do that now with the creator/influencer economy.” – Joe Fier
“The fact that each one of these things has so many subtasks, is a huge opportunity for digital marketers who want to go and specialize in one of those. Just look at YouTube, and look at one of the tasks you’ve got to do for YouTube. There’s a business there that you can go and replicate for people over and over again.” – Matt Wolfe
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- Examples of opportunities that never existed before, which you can specialize in and build a business around
- Some interesting stats on where the creator economy is headed
- A look behind the scenes of how we are building our media company
- Generalists vs. specialists in the agency world, and how the pandemic has switched things up
- Ideas on how to leverage the creator economy
- Steal one of our business ideas and run with it!
- How to present a no-brainer deal to a creator, and turn it into a rev share deal
- PodHacker.com – Learn The New Way of Using A Podcast To Build A Tribe, Grow Your Business & Create Multiple Streams Of Income
References and Links Mentioned:
- Stats from Emarketer.com
- Creator Earnings: Benchmark Report 2021
- Check out this video with MrBeast Business Manager, Reed Duchscher on How to Make BIG Money On YouTube
- Eric Siu’s podcast with Reed Duchscher
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Check out our awesome YouTube Channel channel, made for digital marketers and business pros looking for actionable insights, where we dish out meaningful content, relevant topics, and transparent discussions with industry experts.
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- We also have a new PodHacker YouTube Channel where you can learn how to build, grow, and monetize a podcast with our unique “PodHacks.” We post tutorials, tips, and interview clips that help podcasters scale their show and make more money from their efforts.
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar and Ahrefs – be sure to check out these special deals for our listeners.
- How To Connect And Network With The Most Influential People – Gary Henderson
- How To Get To Know Anyone On The Planet – Travis Chappell
Enjoy the video version of our podcast:
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!