In 2012, when Brian Dean founded Backlinko, SEO was a vague science. There was very little real advice out there, which is why he decided to share the strategies he had developed learning the hard way.
Just a few months in business and Brian knew he was onto something. Now marketers from Apple, Disney, IBM, and more are loyal readers of his weekly newsletter. And his blog is one of the first places people turn to when they need practical, actionable advice for their online businesses.
Get ready as Matt and Joe get the latest advice from Brian Dean about how to optimize your videos on YouTube, make super shareable blog posts, and what is going to change for SEO in 2019. When you’re done listening, go check out our talks with David Sinick for more SEO strategies and Brian G. Johnson to jumpstart your YouTube channel.
There probably are a couple things that are unique to you… so double down on what works and cut out what doesn’t.”– Brian Dean
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- What sites that struggle with SEO are forgetting to do
- The 2 factors you must optimize, even if you mess everything else up!
- 80% of YouTube views come from this (and it isn’t search)
- A trick to nudge your viewers into the rabbit hole
- The ideal video length for a top ranking video
- What to do in the first 15 seconds of any video
- The PPP formula to improve view time and rank your channel
- Pattern Interrupts: what every successful channel is an expert at
- Why “telling stories” isn’t working and what to focus on instead
- How to use text to improve screen attention
- Why YouTube is going to be even more competitive next year
- The new ranking factor that is going to be foundational to any SEO strategy
- The Skyscraper Technique: how to blog once a month and outperform daily bloggers
Contact Brian Dean:
- The Skyscraper Technique
- Link Building Strategies: The Complete List
- Content Marketing for SEO Tutorial
- Connect on Twitter
- And on YouTube
References and Links Mentioned:
- The Perpetual Audience Growth Course – (Limited Discount!) Learn how to drive consistent, high-quality traffic day in and day out
- GenM (Sponsor) – Find marketing apprentices for $50/mo
- Under the Black Flag by David Cordingly
- New Rules for the New Economy by Kevin Kelly
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Passive Income Hacks & The Legalities Of Running An Online Business – Dana Robinson
- The Ultimate SEO and Content Marketing Playbook – David Sinick
- How To Start A Profitable YouTube Channel From Scratch – Brian G. Johnson
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!