We’re back and on today’s show, we are talking to Sara Christensen who has had five businesses in different industries over the past 25 years. Her largest business was a wireless communications consultancy that was doing $10 million in revenue per year and employed 75 people when she sold it. Sara also talks about the world of holding masterminds and how she is able to white label them for other brands, an interesting concept and a potential way to expand your current business model.
This episode is also really eye-opening, as Sara talks about how one little post sent her world in a spiral, leading to an all-out war waged on her business, thousands of hateful messages, and even death threats. And while it’s something many of us never consider, this leads to a great discussion of how we are all at risk in this new age of technology, what you need to know to best protect yourself, and how to defend your business and personal data to minimize being put at risk.
After you’ve listened, be sure to check out our previous shows with Sunny Lenarduzzi and Brad Costanzo where we talk even more about branding, networking, and leveraging your audience for long term growth.
“Who are we to be judging each other, and can we not have conversations that are nuanced and still be friends even if we don’t agree on things?” – Sara Christensen
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- A little side hustle Sara started in elementary school!
- How being in the right place at the right time led to a completely new business opportunity
- The reality of how the internet takes away our humility
- The post that went viral insanely fast
- How the cancel culture has become so prevalent today
- Opportunities in having channel partners to expand your current business model
- How to remove yourself from the top people-search sites
- We everyone should take their privacy seriously
- Why should you really consider keeping your contacts offline and/or in-person as well
- And much, much more!
Contact Sara Christensen:
- @SaraDefends on Twitter
References and Links Mentioned:
- Waking Up with Sam Harris
- Reputation Defender.com
- How to download your data from Facebook
- How to download your data from Instagram
- How to download your data from Twitter
- How to download your data from LinkedIn
- The Coddling of the American Mind by Jonathan Haidt and Greg Lukianoff
- Hate Inc. by Matt Taibbi
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here where you’ll get not only all of the notes for everything episode we’ve done and will do in the mail, a private forum community, plus new training videos all the time with us and our guests.
- Today’s show is co-sponsored by both LinkedIn Marketing Solutions and by Easy Webinar and Casey Zeman. Casey has put together a 25% off deal for our listeners. Be sure to check them out as they have live webinars, hybrid webinars, automated webinars, and social media functionality, everything you need for webinars in a single platform.
- Text the word “COMP” to 38470 to get the notes from this episode! They are free but be quick because, after a couple of weeks, they’ll go away (or go to HustleandFlowchart.com/comp) if you are on desktop
- How To Build A World-Class Online Brand With YouTube – Sunny Lenarduzzi
- Bacon Wrapped Hustle Session 1 – Brad Costanzo
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!