The time really flew by on today’s episode with Ryan Berman of Courageous Brands, as we let Ryan’s stories interweave into the show. Ryan brings to the table a different perspective than most marketing people have. We discuss his stair stepper approach to marketing and how everything is connected. We also talk about how his company created an actual city location in Funner, CA, and the magic behind that marketing campaign.
One of the things that we love about this conversation is to start by stepping into the shoes of who you are selling to, which is something we intuitively know, but don’t always practice. Think of how you would want to be marketed to, which is one of the toughest things, but remember the customers are holding all the cards. Ryan also discusses how, if you have a boring brand, do something to change that fact, and create stories around the brand to make it exciting.
Also, make sure you listen to the end, as we read some of our recent reviews – maybe it’s from you! And after you have enjoyed this episode, be sure to check out our conversations with Dan Norris and Ryan Lee, who have both created successful brands by offering value and fun in a different way that makes them stand out from the rest.
“We’re living in this world now, where we are inundated with 7,000 messages a day. There’s so much competition right now and that’s why brand is so important.” – Ryan Berman
Download The Episode Companion For This Episode
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- Why “No feel, no deal” is so important to your business
- David Hasselhoff and the magic behind a “Funner” city
- The beauty of marketing today in telling your story
- Getting from strategy to ideas to execution
- How to flip common perspectives to bring your brand to new levels
- From ducks to geckos – what to do if you have a boring brand
- Beerfest vs. Craftfest? Who wants to go?
- How to weed out the clients that are not a good fit
- The stair stepper approach to your marketing plan
Resources From Ryan Berman:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins
- Funner, CA
- The Domino’s Turnaround
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Did you know we have an awesome YouTube Channel?
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar and Vidyard – be sure to check out these special deals for our listeners.
- Building Brands, Cultivating Communities, And ’80s Movies – Ryan Lee
- Beer, Branding, And Compound Marketing – Dan Norris
Enjoy the video version of our interview with Ryan Berman:
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!