Russ Perry is the Founder and CEO of Design Pickle, the world’s most successful flat-rate graphic design service and we are big fans of his products. On today’s show, we talk about Russ’s thought process on creating a subscription business, which is being modeled many times over and how his success is based on filling a huge need in the market. We also chat about how he’s scaled up, has been able to step away, and the importance of creating job roles to avoid hiring the wrong person.
Russ also talks about the importance of being authentic, how he got a ton of business by dressing up as a giant pickle, and why your business really needs to focus on creativity in order to stand out from the rest. He also discusses the book he wrote about dealing with addiction and how he was able to break his own dependence that nearly cost him his marriage. Once you’ve listened, check out our episodes with James Schramko and Aaron Fletcher on creating thriving memberships to round it out.
“We’ve had companies like that clown training school, we’ve had a custom condom design company…at the end of the day, it came down to is the business mature enough to have an ongoing marketing system and do they have someone who’s dedicated to running it.” – Russ Perry
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- The number one thing your business needs to focus on
- How kids today are consuming content and why this matters to your business
- How to get your designer to be even more amazing than usual
- How to create a brand that the future consumers of today will love
- How to be more authentic, fun and memorable
- Russ’ daily routine
- How Russ went from a struggling marriage to a now successful relationship
- The podcast he and his wife have co-created and his goal for it to be #1 with entrepreneurial couples
- And much, much more!
Contact Russ Perry:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Good To Be Home Podcast
- The Ride of a Lifetime by Bob Iger
- Deep Work & Digital Minimalism both by Calvin Newport
- The Sober Entrepreneur
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here where you’ll get not only all of the notes for everything episode we’ve done and will do in the mail, a private forum community, plus new training videos all the time with us and our guests.
- Today’s show is co-sponsored by Easy Webinar and Casey Zeman. He has put together a 20% off deal for our listeners. Be sure to check them out as they have live webinars, hybrid webinars, automated webinars and social media functionality, everything you need for webinars in a single platform.
- We are also sponsored by Steve Olsher and his podcast Beyond 8 Figures, where he and his hosts, Mary Goulet and Richard Otey chat with amazing entrepreneurs who have either run or have exited a business that has produced over eight figures.
- How To Build And Grow A Thriving Online Membership – Aaron Fletcher
- How To Scale Memberships And Retain More Customers – James Schramko
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!