Richard Lindner is the President and Co-Founder of DigitalMarketer, an industry leader in global digital marketing education. He is also an enthusiastic and engaging public speaker who prides himself on his ability to unpack the complexities of building and scaling the modern business.
In this episode, Richard discusses his role at DigitalMarketer and the fun-filled night that led to a host of ideas between himself and Perry Belcher as well as a need to refill all the napkins at the bar. He also reminisces about the first corporate job and what led him to walk out on day one.
Richard has a keen business sense as well as vision and leadership qualities which you will realize as he delves into how he leads his team and employees. He also offers some insights as he gives Joe and Matt advice for one of their own business ventures. When you are done, check out our other episodes with DigitalMarketer rockstars Roland Frasier and Molly Pittman.
“Sometimes that opportunity is so big and the need it there. While you always have to gauge opportunity costs, sometimes we put too heavy a weight on that opportunity cost, when we don’t really know how big it could be” – Richard Lindner
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- A host of important questions businesses should ask themselves to think bigger
- What the future of vision of DigitalMarketer is going forward
- Tips on how to lead and motivate employees
- A crazy idea from a current event that led to a new online business
- What motivates today’s workforce (and it’s not what you think)
- How to both aspire to be more while also accepting what you have now
- The importance of the Monday meeting
- How to balance entrepreneurship with the potential chaos
- The benefits of the ICE System and its impact on decision making
- Defining roles of the visionary and implementer in your business
- And much, much more!
Contact Richard Lindner:
- Praxio for a free trial to learn how to implement employee training as well as document the important things in your business
References and Links Mentioned:
- Get the EGP Letter here
- Our episode with Roland Frasier
- You Squared by Price Pritchett
- Growth Hacking by Sean Ellis
- Rocket Fuel by Gino Wickman
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- Traffic & Conversions Summit
- ICE System
- War Room
- Online Marketing Institute
- Our episode with Molly Pittman
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!