We are hanging out with Rand Fishkin today, who previously co-founded the SEO company MOZ, and has most recently started a new venture with SparkToro. This tool is quickly becoming one of our favorite pieces of software to do a lot of research. It helps us figure out what content to create around specific topics, what topics resonate around audiences, and you can literally plug in your URL or social media channel and it will kick out all this research from a variety of platforms.
If you are running ads, you are probably noticing lately higher costs, fewer options, and lower conversions. We break a lot of that down from Rand’s perspective and you’ll see why it’s important to diversify from Facebook and Google if you are solely relying on those platforms. You’ll also hear us talk about what’s in store for the future with the way Google presents search results, and what you should be doing to rely less on links while building up your brand. After you listen, get some more advertising tips with Curt Maly and Tom Breeze.
“The primary goal is to get people to your website and your email list because that’s the one channel you always get to own and control.” – Rand Fishkin
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- Perspectives on the zero clicks search problem
- Checking out the Crack Shack (it’s not what you think!)
- How to get honed in on a specific audience that will convert better
- What do cookies and strange pajamas have to do with advertising?
- Why getting people to like and share should be your secondary goal
- From chicken sandwiches in your email to ground beef in your advertising to al dente pasta on Youtube, we got you covered!
- Which ad networks are lacking in quality and which ones you should be using
- Predictions of what’s ahead in the way in which Google ranks your site and what you should be focusing on in the future
Resources From Rand Fishkin:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Full Contact
- The Butt Pajamas Will Follow You Forever
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Did you know we have an awesome YouTube Channel?
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar – be sure to check out these special deals for our listeners.
- Unique Facebook Ad Strategies That Are Making People Rich – Curt Maly
- A Step-By-Step Guide To Profitable YouTube Advertising – Tom Breeze
Enjoy this clip from our interview with Rand Fishkin:
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!