We love Neil Patel and basically grew up in our marketing, learning from him and Quick Sprout. While this episode is shorter than our usual ones, there is definitely some gold in here as always, as we discuss the benefits of UberSuggest, how QuickSprout got started as well as Neil’s excellent work ethic and tenacity in distributing so much content on his own.
You’ll also hear how, even though he feels he has a few haters (which means he must be doing something right), he is able to ignore pretty much all the negativity and push on through, only taking in anything that can benefit him in the long run.
Neil also discusses what he considers would be best practices for just starting out as well as what he does to keep his content fresh and rank continuously with basically no ad spend. After you’ve delved into this episode be sure to check out our previous shows with Paul Clifford and David Sinek, two folks who also know a thing or two about content and SEO.
“My philosophy is don’t get bogged down by people saying negative stuff, take that negativity and if you can improve, improve. If you can’t because it’s just opinions and there’s nothing you can use to make yourself better, then keep moving on.” – Neil Patel
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to get backlinks on your site from SEO
- Why every little bit helps by posting on a variety of sites
- Some ideas about the future of the internet and where we are headed
- How to use organic content properly
- Neil’s list of sites for content linking and how to use each one properly
- How to deal with haters
- Neil’s tenacity and his content producing machine
- And much, much more!
References and Links Mentioned:
- Get the EGP Letter here
- Our episode with Paul Clifford on repurposing content using automation
- And our episode with David Sinek discussing SEO and the ultimate content marketing playbook
- Principles by Ray Dalio (download the app as well)
- Techcrunch, Search Engineland and Search Engine Round Table
- Google Analytics & Google Trends
- Marketing School podcast
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!