We’re back and today we are chatting with Nathan Hirsch, creator of Freeeup.com (which he just recently sold) and the upcoming Outsource School. The whole conversation is about finding the right team members, what sort of criteria you should have for finding the right team members, what kind of positions you should hire for, how to hire if you don’t feel like you are ready financially, and pretty much everything else you need to know about getting good team members in place.
Nate’s passions lie in running great companies but also hiring great people and having an awesome culture around that. We even touched on how the acquisition came to be and his exiting the business. We also discuss the criteria Nathan set to make sure it was acquired by the right people who will run the business in almost the same way as he has. In a way that is the most beneficial for not only his customers but also his employees. After you’ve listened, be sure to check out our shows with Tim Francis and Gina Horkey for even more tips on how to find and hire the right people to make your business run as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
“If we were going to sell Freeeup, we had things that were important to us. We wanted to sell it to someone who wasn’t going to destroy and break it down. We wanted someone who loved the idea, loved the concept and was going to keep it and grow it.” – Nathan Hirsch
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- The importance of having a “Do Not Do” List for your VA’s
- How to interview potential new hires properly
- Nathan’s 90-day rule takeaway
- How to properly vet developers
- Which are the two best roles to hire for a VA at first
- How to hire a VA even if you have a slim budget
- How to build the right team and get them on the same page as you
- How to build an awesome company culture so employees never want to leave
- What to include in a great Standard Operating Procedure
- And much, much more!
Contact Nathan Hirsch:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Outsource School
- The Book on Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner
- Scribd App
- We’ve been talking about developing software and want to hire a developer inhouse, which when we launch will go out to our entire platform. If you are a developer that might want to work with us or know one, shoot us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org – we love to chat with our listeners, and we love to hear from you!
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here where you’ll get not only all of the notes for everything episode we’ve done and will do in the mail, a private forum community, plus new training videos all the time with us and our guests.
- Today’s show is co-sponsored by Easy Webinar and Casey Zeman. He has put together a 20% off deal for our listeners. Be sure to check them out as they have live webinars, hybrid webinars, automated webinars, and social media functionality, everything you need for webinars in a single platform.
- Text the word “COMP” to 38470 to get the notes from this episode! They are free but be quick because, after a couple of weeks, they’ll go away (or go to HustleandFlowchart.com/comp) if you are on a desktop
- A Masterclass On Finding And Hiring The Right People – Tim Francis
- Virtual Assistants – How To Be One & How To ROI From The One You Have – Gina Horkey
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!