When Melanie opened up about her “cage match” experience where she won against a well-known marketer, we knew we were in for a fun show! Melanie Benson is a fellow podcaster, revenue strategist, and business performance optimizer who guides entrepreneurs to accelerate their impact and income by making their business perform 10 times better. On today’s show, she gives us some great tips on how to follow the ‘golden thread’ to pull the right audience into your world, what to do if you are just starting out in your podcasting journey and how to define your audience and make sure they are a good fit for your business.
We also chat about what to do after the show has aired, how to connect with fellow podcasters the right way, and how to really build up your offer so that your listeners want more. If you enjoyed today’s show, check out our previous conversations with Greg Rollett and Justin Schenck to learn more tactics on how to grow your brand by leveraging other platforms.
“If you’re not in your sweet spot audience and you’re not talking to the people who really crave what it is that you do, and want to work with someone like you, it doesn’t matter what visibility is, they’re not going to take action.” – Melanie Benson
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How Melanie won a “cage match” event against a well know marketer and how it all went wrong afterward
- Following the golden thread to get the right audience
- What you need to do after you get on the show
- Best practices for calls to action that not only get you takers but the match for you
- How to pick the right shows to go on
- Why we love Twitter so much
- Tactics for getting on other people’s shows
- How to spice up your chat if your topic is common and/or less than exciting
- What not to do when you go on a show
Resources From Melanie Benson:
- Get Melanie’s checklist: 17 Mistakes You Are Making In Your Podcast Guesting & Talks That Are Costing You Leads & Clients: MelanieBenson.com/Hustle
- MelCoach on Twitter
- Coach Melanie Benson on Instagram
- Amplify Your Success Podcast
References and Links Mentioned:
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Did you know we have an awesome YouTube Channel?
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO research tool, Ahrefs.com, and by Easy Webinar – be sure to check out these special deals for our listeners.
- How To Leverage Massive Existing Platforms To Grow Your Brand – Greg Rollett
- How To Build A Platform And Connect With Anyone – Justin Schenck
Enjoy this clip from our interview with Melanie Benson:
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!