Today we are talking with Matthew Woodward, who’s site is all about SEO, Blogging and online careers with a strong emphasis on SEO. Matt has been in the SEO game and producing content online for many years now, and is up to date on what is working now. Today he is breaking down his five-step SEO audit, that you should definitely pay attention to with your site.
These steps are definitely not boring, they don’t take crazy technical skills and there’s a bunch of both free and paid tools out there which Matt delivers. If you just focus on a couple of these things, you are going to be light years ahead in terms of site speed and mobile responsiveness.
“Nothing has really changed that much. It’s still all about, as it always been, creating content that matches the user’s intent, supported by links.” – Matthew Woodward
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How some little tweaks can make a big impact on your site’s performance
- Backlink strategies
- How Matt first made his money online convincing him to give up the corporate world forever
- A cool strategy that Google absolutely loves right now that will give you instant results
- The most important piece to remember with your site (it’s not what you may think)
- Some strategies Matt still sees people doing that are not doing you any good
- Super quick, free performance tests that you can run your site through in a few seconds approved by Google
- Ninja on page strategies to get instant results
- How to build a solid foundation for your site that both the search engines and your visitors will love
- There’s a challenge thrown out to Mark to put these things in place!
- And much, much more!
Contact Matthew Woodward:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here where you’ll get not only all of the notes for everything episode we’ve done and will do in the mail, a private forum community, plus new training videos all the time with us and our guests.
- This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO research tool, Ahrefs.com as referenced in this episode. As you’ll hear in this show, it’s an amazing tool, and if you listen back to some of our most recent episodes, we breakdown some of the tactics we use in our intros, such as website audits, looking at our competitors’ websites, and finding low hanging fruit keywords for easy Google rankings. It’s like having cheat codes for business. As of this episode, they have a 7 day $7 trial, so be sure to check it out.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Survey Monkey
- Google Forms
- Google’s mobile-friendly test
- Google’s page speed test
- GT Metrix
- Webpage Test
- W3 Total Cache
- WP Rocket
- Short Pixel
- WP Smush
- Google’s structured data testing tool
- Website Auditor
- Deep Crawl
- Screaming Frog
- Matt’s Common Sense SEO Audit video
- FAQ rich snippets information
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!