Hey Hustle & Flowchart friends, we are back with a new episode. We are testing out a new podcast format where we will talk on a very specific honed-in topic and get straight to the meat of the content. On this one, Matt talks about over 40 different growth hacks to grow your podcast, including ad platforms, gaining attention in the media, both free and paid strategies, as well as some of our secret weapons on how we’ve grown the show which have worked very well. After you’ve listened to the show, be sure to check out the chats that we recorded with Tyrone Shum and Luis Diaz for more podcasting growth hack tips.
“The best results we’ve gotten with Facebook ads is by taking short video clips from our podcast. We’ll take a 3-minute clip where our guest shares a gold nugget of wisdom, run that clip as a Facebook ad and put a link where they listen to the full episode in the text description.” – Matt Wolfe
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- The basics which you are probably already doing, but if not, you should be
- Podcast Platform Features and Ad Buys and the top platforms for both
- Where to purchase ads
- Growth through acquisition
- Various ways to get media attention
- Want to learn how to growth hack a podcast and watch over our shoulders (and give you all the templates and DFY swipe files)? Check out PodHacker.com – this is where we deep dive into building, monetizing, and scaling a podcast through unique strategies like the ones from this episode.
References and Links Mentioned:
- For ad purchasing: Overcast, Castbox, Podcast Addict, Podcast Republic, and Castro
- For features: Apple, Stitcher, Podknife, Radio Public, Podnews, Scribd, Libsyn, Spotify, Listen Notes, PodChaser, Podbean, and Spreaker
- Gleam.io, Contest Domination, or Upviral for contests
- Outbrain, Revcontent, or Taboola for native ads
- True Native or AdvertiseCast for advertising on other podcasts
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Check out our awesome YouTube Channel channel, made for digital marketers and business pros looking for actionable insights, where we dish out meaningful content, relevant topics, and transparent discussions with industry experts.
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- We also have a new PodHacker YouTube Channel where you can learn how to build, grow, and monetize a podcast with our unique “PodHacks.” We post tutorials, tips, and interview clips that help podcasters scale their show and make more money from their efforts.
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar and Ahrefs – be sure to check out these special deals for our listeners.
- How To Growth Hack Your Content Marketing – Luis Diaz
- How To Grow A Podcast Past 1 Million Downloads – Tyrone Shum
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!