Today we are chatting with Matt McWilliams, who works with some of the biggest names in our industry, such as Brian Tracy, Michael Hyatt, Lewis Howes, Ray Edwards, and Rich Schefren. We also recently worked with Matt as we had the pleasure of attending Rich’s event that was streamed live in Florida.
Matt drops some golden nuggets on today’s show as we chat about how he transitioned from being a successful online golf instructor to running his own lead generation business to becoming known as “The Affiliate Guy”, a term well earned. Listen in as Matt gives advice on how to find the best affiliates, what to do if you are just starting out, how to run effective product launches as well as what not to say in your outreach emails. If you’re ready to take your affiliate income to a new level, be sure to check out these episodes with Dan Brock and Stephen Esketzis as well.
“To me, the single best way to disobey big tech and be platform proof, which means if Facebook were to go out of business tomorrow…is to have partners who have support you.” – Matt McWilliams
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- What do Bill Clinton and launch promotions have to do with each other?
- How to email with efficiency without having to write a unique request each time
- Why you actually want to follow up over and over again (and over again!)
- Some easy ways to get someone’s attention without being spammy
- Why teaching golf to little old ladies in purple sweaters is not Matt’s life goal
- How one simple email to some competitors led to a flood of future opportunities
- Advice on how to promote a physical product (hint, hint – check out ours below!)
- Subject lines to get your requests seen
- And much, much more!
Contact Matt McWilliams:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Free Report To Find Your First 100 Affiliates
- LinkedIn Navigator
- The Art of Work
- The Affiliate Guy Podcast
- The best kind of background music to get you through a boatload of boring tasks.
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO research tool, Ahrefs.com.
- How To Earn A Living Promoting Affiliate Products on YouTube – Dan Brock
- Affiliate Marketing Using Epic Content – Stephen Esketzis
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!