Mark Webster, one of the co-founders of Authority Hacker joins us today all the way from Scotland! This is such a cool site and one that we have referenced quite a few times around SEO. Authority Hacker also has some in-depth tools and reviews, and much like us, Mark and his business partner Gael only stand by products and promotions which they have actually used. Mark and Gael have content marketing as the core of what they do, and have been in business together for over ten years.
Mark dives into their process of getting content created for their blog, their SEO strategy, and even their partnership. They have various authority sites and we break down what they are, how one sold recently for six figures and their training on how to create one. Their model is very scalable, and they are sharing it freely on today’s show. Once you have listened, check out our shows with Hani Mourra and Luis Diaz on how to growthhack your content marketing.
“You probably can make a course. But building a few videos and calling it a course is about 10-15% of the work. All of the rest comes in with updating it, managing your customers, your community, the sales funnel, the sales cycle, getting new people in the store…all that kind of stuff.” – Mark Webster
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to develop an authority to replace your income from a day job
- Great tips with YouTube that helped skyrocket engagement
- Step by step method on how to rank a website
- Key questions to ask during an interview
- What makes a really good course creator
- Behind the scenes with Mark’s team and how he finds the best writers
- How to source great stock photos (so you won’t get a big bill like we did!)
- And much, much more!
Resources From Mark Webster:
References and Links Mentioned:
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- Who by Geoff Smart
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- Mark’s interview with Asana
- FuseBox for use with timestamps on your blog posts with podcasts
- Deposit Photos
- Canva (Also check out Snappa)
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- FlowchartGroup.com – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar, be sure to check them out as well, with this special discount for our listeners.
- Set And Forget Your Content Marketing – Hani Mourra
- How To Growth Hack Your Content Marketing – Luis Diaz
Enjoy this clip from our interview with Mark:
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!