What a great conversation with Mark Lack from ShortenTheGap.com, who is such a baller! We first connected with Mark in the Steal Our Winners program, which is awesome and highly recommended. He’s been talking about the model which we are very interested in, and we love the fact that he broke down the tactics of what we have been discussing in our business lately. We talk a lot about YouTube and if you are seeing a lot of people talking about getting yourself on YouTube, it’s still not too late. Facebook is being more restrictive than ever whereas on the Google/YouTube platforms, we feel they are giving us more opportunities to build out your brand and your flywheel.
We love the way that Mark thinks, as he’s a branding guy. He talks about how he was studying the legends at a young age, while he was becoming one of the world’s most well-known paintballers. He then discusses why you need to use marketing for not only your audience, but throwing your marketing budget and time at the guests and brands you want to connect with. And if you are just starting out and don’t have any episodes to show to sponsors, he’ll let you know what to do there as well. When you’re done listening, be sure to check out our other shows with Lisa Buyer and Justin Schenck for some additional chats on how to connect with the right folks while building your brand.
“Celebrities only care about timing and attention…if the timing is right, and you guarantee enough attention and eyeballs, any celebrity will say yes.” – Mark Lack
Download The Episode Companion For This Episode
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- Being a loser in school while earning $300K as a professional paintball star
- How to get more of what you want by helping people get what they want
- Getting a massive discount when posting videos to Facebook or Instagram
- How to pre-guarantee results to the celebrity and sponsor
- One of the fastest ways to build a really big show
- How to become more memorable and famous for free
- What to do if you do not have a backlog of episodes to showcase to sponsors
- The most important thing you want to do during the first 5 seconds of your video
- How to connect with event sponsors without even attending
Resources From Mark Lack:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Want to get the Action Guide from this episode? Grab them here!
- Check out our awesome YouTube Channel channel, made for digital marketers and business pros looking for actionable insights, where we dish out meaningful content, relevant topics, and transparent discussions with industry experts.
- Join our Discord Community – Hustle & Flowchart Island – chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- We also have a new PodHacker YouTube Channel where you can learn how to build, grow, and monetize a podcast with our unique “PodHacks.” We post tutorials, tips, and interview clips that help podcasters scale their show and make more money from their efforts.
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar – be sure to check out their special deal for our listeners.
- How To Build A Platform And Connect With Anyone – Justin Schenck
- How To Use Social Media For Branding And PR – Lisa Buyer
Enjoy the video version of our interview with Mark Lack:
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!