You have heard it a million times before – everyone has a book in them, and we are sure you do as well. Laura Gale, author, and fellow podcaster, joins us today to talk all about the step by step method she uses to guide people to finally get that book published. Whether you are just starting out with a minimal audience or you are an established public authority, there are ways for anyone to get their story out there.
You just want to make sure you start the right way and Laura gives us some great advice in regards to what to do before you start, whether working with a ghostwriter is right for you (yes, it probably is), and what really drives reader engagement. After that, there’s the testing process to find just the right cover that speaks to your audience and of course, the marketing so that you will be found and read. You’ll also hear some great ways to get your book discovered that do not take the traditional online advertising route.
We know once you’ve listened you are going to be stoked about finally getting that book published, and you will want to listen to our previous shows with Rob Kosberg who discussed how he is able to ghostwriters effectively, and Chandler Bolt who tells us how to go from no book to selling your book in 90 days.
“People forget to take it offline, and still there’s a whole world of media that has nothing to do with the internet. A lot of those platforms are really starved because people have forgotten about them.” – Laura Gale
Download The Episode Companion For This Episode
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- What makes a compelling story
- The one thing you need to have dialed in before you even consider starting your book
- Do self-published books ever make it to the New York Times bestseller list?
- Different ways to test your cover, title, and other content before you publish
- Associated costs with hiring a publishing company
- Getting your book past the gatekeepers
- Working with the likes of J.K. Rowling, Nelson Mandela & Tina Fey
- How to determine whether to hire a ghostwriter or not
- And much, much more!
Resources From Laura Gale:
- How To Write This Book – get a free copy of Laura’s book here!
- The Business of Writing Podcast
References and Links Mentioned:
- Roam Research
- 99Designs – for book covers
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar, be sure to check them out as well, with this special discount for our listeners.
- A 3 Step Process To Envision And Write Your First Book – Chandler Bolt
- How To Publish And Market A Book Into Millions In Sales – Rob Kosberg
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!