On today’s show, we are talking with Larry Ludwig who has over twenty years of experience creating and promoting websites for himself and others. He’s personally worked with clients such as JP Morgan Chase, Lenscrafters, T. Rowe Price, IBM, Comedy Central, GM, Thought Catalog, and Nielsen. In 2018, he sold his investment review website, Investor Junkie for $6 million.
Listen in to hear how Larry built up his site, making revenue without having any products, focusing on reviews and comparisons for affiliate income. We talk about the right way and wrong way to build your site with the best SEO practices and how to create a great user experience, as well as how Larry was able to update his site easily when vendors made changes to their products, so his content stayed fresh and current. We also discuss tracking capabilities for affiliate links, the best tools to use and how to do reviews properly so your visitors can make a good buying decision.
“The reviews and comparisons are far down the funnel and one of the last steps for people before they decide to purchase something and they are really looking towards an expert like ourselves to say we really recommend this product or not this product.” – Larry Ludwig
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- The best way to track your affiliate links
- The old guard vs. the new guard in the podcasting space
- How to take your analytics to all the way 11
- How to set your site apart from everyone else
- The possibilities of building an affiliate blog with the potential for exiting
- What Larry would do differently today
- And much, much more!
Contact Larry Ludwig:
- Check out Larry’s SEO for Writers Course, where listeners can get a 10% discount if you enter the promo code “Hustle”
References and Links Mentioned:
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here where you’ll get not only all of the notes for everything episode we’ve done and will do in the mail, a private forum community, plus new training videos all the time with us and our guests.
- Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Wicked Reports
- How The CollegeInvestor.com Gets 3.5 Million Visitors Per Month – Robert Farrington
- How To Earn A Living Promoting Affiliate Products on YouTube – Dan Brock
- Today’s show is co-sponsored by Easy Webinar and Casey Zeman. He has put together a 20% off deal for our listeners. Be sure to check them out as they have live webinars, hybrid webinars, automated webinars, and social media functionality, basically everything you’ll ever need for webinars in a single platform.
- We are also sponsored by Steve Olsher and his podcast Beyond 8 Figures, where he and his hosts, Mary Goulet and Richard Otey chat with amazing entrepreneurs who have either run or have exited a business that has produced over eight figures.
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!