After today’s show with Kim Krause Schwalm, you will definitely have the know-how to hire the best of the best copywriters, what to look for, how to compensate them in different ways so that you are creating a win-win partnership, and how to structure deals with them. Kim has got an insane track record when it comes to copywriting and beating out a lot of the greats.
She tells us the story of how she beat out the best winning sales letter as a junior copywriter and broke the glass ceiling when she became the first female copywriter to ever get a Boardroom control. Even if you have some copywriting experience yourself, you know it’s not that easy to get the right person for the job, especially as sometimes we think no one will write the copy as well as us, especially in our voice.
This show changed our thinking regarding hiring a copywriter, especially with the variety of ways to partner with someone who can support you over the long term. As business owners, we have enough things to do, so it makes sense to hire an effective copywriter, and even though there’s a ton of value in learning copy yourself, it’s probably not always the smartest move to write your own copy for your own products. We will likely bring Kim back for round two in order to dive into some deeper principles with copywriting skills. Once you’re done be sure to give a listen to our shows with Anik Singal and Justin Goff for more copywriting tactics.
“It’s not so much you want to improve your copy, you want to improve your sales results. Whatever it is you are currently using is not getting it done.” – Kim Krause Schwalm
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- What to expect when hiring a copywriter
- Different ways you can price out the work for a win-win
- The beauty of some old school marketing techniques
- Why first is not always best
- How to find someone who writes in your voice but still writes to convert
- What to do when your copywriter falls off the grid
- How and when to offer incentives, royalty deals, and flat fees
- Why you may want to consider hiring a copy chief
- And much, much more!
Resources From Kim Krause Schwalm:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz
- Scientific Advertising and My Life in Advertising by Claude Hopkins
- Read This Or Die
- Abbey Woodcock’s Codex training
- The Awai Pricing Guide for web copywriters
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- FlowchartGroup.com – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- Easy Webinar
- Purpose Driven Copywriting – Anik Singal
- Focusing On Emotional Triggers To Write The Best Copy – Justin Goff
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!