Ken Coleman is host of The Ken Coleman Show and the top-rated EntreLeadership Podcast, and author of One Question: Life-Changing Answers from Today’s Leading Voices. He has a new book out called The Proximity Principle that helps people understand how and why to level up their current network.
In today’s episode we discuss Ken’s story of how he grew his brand through getting close to strategic people. Throughout his career, he’s consistently “leveled up” his success through systematically making sure that he was around the right people.
You’ll learn how the Proximity Principle can benefit you and your goals, how to get in front of the right people that can help you grow, how Ken runs his shows, as well as the questions he asks people to get them in the right headspace to grow their careers. As a little bonus, he even gives Matt some advice on how to really connect with people as an introvert who doesn’t like “networking.”
In order to do what I want to do or be what I want to be, I’ve got to be around the people and the places where these things happen.
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- One thing Ken did that had the biggest impact on his success
- How to systematically create the career of your dreams
- The difference between live radio and running podcasts
- The “go to” questions for his show and why he uses them
- The types of jobs that people will not do
- Things to ask to flesh out what you’re passionate about
- 3 questions that will get people out of their head
- What role the host of a show should be playing
- How Ken got involved with Dave Ramsey and Sirius/XM
- The invention that changed the entire world overnight
- How to break into a broadcasting career
- Why you should stop networking right now
- The superpowers that introverts posses
- The thing that Jimmy Fallon does that’s lead to his success
- How to show gratitude if you struggle sharing emotions
- The one thing that, if you’re avoiding it, you aren’t growing
- A systematic method to implement the Proximity Principle
- Plus much much more
Contact Ken Coleman:
- The Ken Coleman Show
- The EntreLeadership Podcast
- The Proximity Principle – New book by Ken Coleman
References and Links Mentioned:
- The EGP Letter – Get our print newsletter
- How To Build A Huge Network And Buy Businesses For No Money Down – Brad Costanzo
- How To Automate Networking And Referral Generation – Steve Gordon
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!