Josh Bartlett is the founder of Webactix and the creator of some of the most well-respected software tools in the online marketing world. Josh is the visionary behind such powerful tools as Easy Video Player, Easy Video Suite, Audello, and most recently, Thrivecart. Josh grew up in a tough town in the UK and built a strong entrepreneurial career out of necessity. After seeing success with his ecommerce business, Josh moved with his wife and setup roots in New Zealand.
Josh has been a mentor to Matt and Joe, helping both of them jumpstart their careers. Josh gave Joe some of his first agency work and helped Matt come up with the idea for his first major info-product, The WordPress Classroom. For the past 9 years, Matt, Joe, and Josh have all worked closely together to support each other and help grow each other's businesses.
On today’s episode, Josh will share with us his success story in his transition from working for a bank to being an entrepreneur. He will also reveal to us his mindset philosophy and effective team handling.
“I think the BIG problem is to try to think of a product that's gonna make you money… It's the wrong mindset to approach it with, because you're focusing on money first. What you need to be looking at is ‘How can I solve the problem? How can I add value and improve my situation?'” – Josh Bartlett
Some topics from the call with Josh Bartlett:
- The major changes in the market and hard truths around them
- How Josh Bartlett became an entrepreneur
- The roll that eBay played in Josh's entrepreneurial career
- The story of the last day that Josh worked for someone and how it impacted him later
- Should you have a safety net in your business?
- How to face your fears in business
- The one thing to remember to ensure consistent business growth
- The key things to consider when developing software
- A brief introduction to Audello and Thrivecart
- The difference between solving problems and making money
- What you should be focused on and how to focus on that
- The true definition of success
- Why you should consider keeping things as small as possible
- How to find the best team members for your organization
- How to ensure that your team members are with you for the long haul
- What to do when clients are unhappy with your product
- How to balance your customers wants with your own vision for the product
- A completely different philosophy and approach to email marketing
- Why Josh only mails his list a few times per YEAR.
- The mindset hurdles that Josh had to overcome to scale his business
- The balance between health, happiness, and making an impact on the world
- Details about Thrivecart and what's to come
References & links mentioned:
- Thrivecart Power Users – Our Private Thrivecart Group
- ThriveCart Academy – The Official Thrivecart User Group
- How We Use Thrivecart In Our Business
- How To Make Money With A Checkout Cart
- Thrivecart Vs. SamCart
- Awaken The Giant Within – Tony Robbins
- Unlimited Power – Tony Robbins
Subscribe & Review The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!