This episode is a real gift to our audience and after listening, you’ll totally get it! Literally. John Ruhlin from Giftology is on the show today and he is absolutely amazing when it comes to gifting with the right amount of thoughtfulness and meaning. There’s been a paradigm shift in marketing recently, so the idea of gift-giving is very timely and John has a knack for staying top of mind, and growing relationships and referrals all through the art of gift-giving.
John works with some big companies and agencies and he discusses his process as to how to figure out what your intention is, what your strategy is, who to send the gift to, and what your budget should be. We go deep into how to pick the right gift, how much money to spend, and what to do if you are just starting out. We also talk about how the power of gifting comes back to you as well as how to justify the cost to determine your ROR – return on relationships. We even talk about how to gift better to your spouse or significant other. At the end of the day, John wants people to show gratitude with action and not just lip service as this is something that can generate business and referrals with an impact that can last a long time. After you’ve listened, check out our shows that we recorded with Jordan Harbinger and Omari Broussard for more tips on relationship building and reaching out to the right audience for your business.
“If you take care of the family in business, everything else takes care of it itself.” – John Ruhlin
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to work with your budget if you are just starting out
- Making sure you carve out time for gift giving (pun intended)
- How John got the attention of Jeffrey Gitomer
- Lessons learned from your girlfriend’s father
- How to surprise your wife or significant other with a gift that really makes an impact
- The 80/20 rule of proper budgeting for your gift-giving
- Why you want to avoid the “book launch” style of gifts
- Ideas to make your gifts even more memorable so that their kids will be fighting over it for generations to come
- And much, much more!
Resources From John Ruhlin:
- GiftologySystem.com – download the free spreadsheet to see each step in the Giftology process
References and Links Mentioned:
- Giftology: The Art and Science of Using Gifts to Cut Through the Noise, Increase Referrals, and Strengthen Client Retention
- 5 Minute Journal
- Give And Take by Adam Grant
- Never Lose A Customer by Joey Coleman
- Building A Story Brand by Donald Miller
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- FlowchartGroup.com – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar, be sure to check them out as well, with this special discount for our listeners.
- The “Who You Know” Lead Gen. System – Omari Broussard
- How To Build Relationships With Celebrities and Influencers – Jordan Harbinger
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!