Today’s show with Joey Gilkey is an absolute masterclass of his process in how he is selling mega contracts to all sorts of companies. Joey’s business deals with high ticket sales. He has a system, processes, and playbooks for everything in the business. At one point, there’s got to be 8-9 of his core processes that you will be able to swipe, and you’re going to learn how to be better at sales, retention, and prospecting no matter what model you are in.
There’s so much gold in this episode, that at one point we actually run out of paper while taking notes. He also chats about why he focuses on retention, the 3 D’s for success, and how to dial in to find your ideal client. When you are done getting sales ideas from Joey, be sure to check out our shows with Steve Sims and Robert Stanley for additional ideas on how to get noticed and how to generate more leads for your business.
“The way I look at pricing is, the bigger the problem you can solve for a very specific type of person, the more you can charge. What comes with expertise is typically money. Get really dialed in who you serve and you will see that you provide a bigger value which will give you more confidence to increase your prices.” – Joey Gilkey
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How an old lunchbox led to a huge new client
- The hierarchy of the “Core Four” to get your agency to the highest level possible
- How to remove yourself from the connotation of sales being sleazy
- Tactics for prospecting your ideal clients
- How to get over the fear of charging what you are worth
- The Pipeline, Conversion & Economics model of growth
- Acquisition vs. retention and why Joey focuses on the latter
- And much, much more!
Resources From Joey Gilkey:
References and Links Mentioned:
- The Challenger Customer by Brent Adamson
- The Go-Giver by Bob Burg
- ABM is B2B by Sangram Vajre
- The Business of Expertise by David C. Baker
- How to Get A Meeting With Anyone by Stu Heinecke
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- FlowchartGroup.com – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- Today’s show is sponsored by Easy Webinar.
- How To Make Impossible Things Happen – Steve Sims
- How To Create A Business Driving Sales Leads – Robert Stanley
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!