Joel Runyon started Impossible in 2010 as a way to push his limits and do something impossible. He’s a driven and determined entrepreneur, blogger, and athlete, and his lifestyle challenges have allowed him to set records and give back by supporting education in communities that are in need of everyday resources like safe school structures. While running his own brand, he’s also running multiple other brands such as a meal plan company, a fitness app, a productivity app, as well as being an advisor to multiple other companies.
On today’s show, we talk about how he has built up his brand, how he has collaborated with other folks, and, similar to the way we run our business, how he is able to create opportunities with deal-making, rev shares, and building multiple brands. We also talk about how getting a major accomplishment done, whether it’s completing a marathon or getting your first podcast out there, has led to other potential relationships and future goals. When you’re done getting ideas from Joel, learn additional tips on how to systemize so you can have more time while also standing out and make a difference by checking out our previous episodes with Austin Sams and C.J. Martin.
“Impossible is not a statement, it’s a challenge. A lot of people think “I can’t do it” but if it seems impossible, that’s the thing you probably should be doing” – Joel Runyon
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- What it’s like to be a bootstrap entrepreneur
- How to set yourself up for deal flows and equity ownerships
- Challenging yourself in physical ways to gain perspective for your business challenges
- How a chance conversation with a stranger in a coffee shop led to an insane amount of traffic – and even a mention on Oprah!
- The beauty of big world challenges and simultaneously giving back to make a difference
- How to balance a variety of businesses while traveling the world
Resources From Joel Runyon:
- ImpossibleHQ Ecomm Site
- Ultimate Meal Plans
- MoveWell app
- Drink LMNT
- Ultimate Paleo Guide (Joel’s Company)
- Woven – Powerful Scheduling Tool (Joel’s Company)
References and Links Mentioned:
- Joel’s TedX talk on cold shower therapy
- Joel’s coffee shop conversation that got a ton of hits
- Like Joel, we are also looking to have a portfolio of companies ourselves, so if you have some really innovative companies, reach out to us at email@example.com
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Did you know we have an awesome YouTube Channel?
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO research tool, Ahrefs.com, and by Easy Webinar – be sure to check out these special deals for our listeners.
- The 2 Hour A Day Business – Austin Sams
- Building A Standout Brand In A Crowded Market – C.J. Martin
Enjoy this clip from our interview with Joel Runyon:
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!