If you’ve ever wondered if it was time to just get out there on a new path with a business model to see if it’s Grammy worthy or a straight to the rental rack kind of gig, Mike Matuz is the guy to enlighten you.
Mike’s sole mission is to help anyone with a great business idea to succeed. He lends his 5 years of experience going from a new gym owner carrying debt to being fully self-funded as a prime example of what tuning in to business disruption can do for anyone who’s ready to get into action.
Now Mike’s journey is to coach and mentor others who want to reinvent themselves as they bring new solutions to antiquated markets and test the waters before they jump with both feet into the entrepreneurial pool.
Today you’ll hear plenty of passion from these three guys as they discuss curation over creation, why being a consumer can make you a great producer, and how to spot a business disruption from a mile away. If Mike’s wisdom gets you thinking outside the box, be sure to check out our recent episodes with Josh Bartlett and Aaron Fletcher to keep you moving towards your own corner of the “be your own boss” universe.
It’s human evolution. You’re not meant to spend 80 hours a week under fluorescent lights in a cubicle…Money gives you options.” – Mike Matuz
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- What kind of bromance brews in the water at an Aaron Fletcher mastermind?
- How ADD is an asset for an entrepreneur
- When is the best time to fail forward?
- Four steps to help you determine if you want in on a business venture
- Do we smell a SAAS in Evergreen Profits future?
- Where’s the arbitrage and why you should care…
- Why geographic locations are tuned into the entrepreneurial effect
- Self-liquidating degree? Hmmmm…
- Everything intersects at these two “M’s”
- Why business disruption is about curating not creating
- Details you should be granular about
- This is the monumental hurdle to a disruption taking hold
- The most antiquated business model in the history of the world, according to Matt and Joe
- How to make a great player into an MVP
- Is the funnel the thing?
- Spin it to win it…It’s not all about the rich getting richer for business models anymore
- One of the two things you must simplify to cause business disruption
Contact Mike Matuz:
- Book Mike to speak or for coaching on his website
- Watch Mike on YouTube
- Connect with Mike on Facebook
- Find Mike on Instagram
References and Links Mentioned:
- Mike’s Real World MBA program
- The Launch Lab in Long Beach
- Perry Marshall live mastermind
- Perry Marshall on Hustle & Flowchart
- Aaron Fletcher’s live event
- Die Empty by Todd Henry
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferris
- Road to Reinvention by Josh Linkner
- How To Build A Solid Team And Create Rabid Fan Customers – Josh Bartlett
- Drunken Podcast with Aaron Fletcher
Subscribe & Review The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!