After ten years of working in personal finance, Gina Horkey wanted a change. She loved writing short stories and thought why not give copywriting a try. Just six months later she was making $100 an hour and getting ready to quit her job, sell her practice, and start working from anywhere.
Gina is the founder of Horkey HandBook, a website geared towards helping others find or become a kickass virtual assistant. Her background includes making a living as a professional writer, an online business marketing consultant, and a decade of experience in the financial services industry. She’s also proud to be a married, millennial mama to two precocious kiddos from Minnesota.
Sitting in traffic twice a day should be a thing of the past. Listen in as Gina talks with the guys about how to hire or become a badass virtual assistant, the 3 skills that every great VA should have, and her method to instantly increase ROI by contracting a new team member. Get even more insight about becoming or hiring virtual team members in our conversations with Moe Abbas and Josh Bartlett.
You get paid to learn, it’s basically what it comes down to… you get to be the person behind the curtain looking around and it’s amazing!” -Gina Horkey
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to find or become a badass virtual assistant
- Why working online is more legit now going to an office
- What salaries different VAs are making
- The right way to pitch yourself to businesses
- A method to safeguard from Scope Creep
- 3 skills that make for the best virtual assistants
- The right time to start contracting team members
- Rules to follow before making a new hire
- The tasks every business owner needs to hire for
- Why emotional tasks are the biggest drag on profit
- A system to instantly increase ROI by hiring a VA
- An onboarding process to maximize your new VA
Contact Gina Horkey:
References and Links Mentioned:
- The EGP Letter – Get our print newsletter
- GenM – Find marketing apprentices
- Help Scout
- Start. by Jon Acuff
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Clockwork by Mike Michalowicz
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
- Work Less, Make More by James Schramko
- Anything You Want by Derek Sivers
- Moe Abbas: Done For You Marketing Help For $50 Per Month
- Josh Bartlett: How To Build A Solid Team And Create Rabid Fan Customers
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!