Gert embraces SEO as a long term game and chats with us about a whole boatload of tactics to rank your sites using the best practices to make Google happy without sacrificing content. We also talk about what to do with older links that are not ranking any longer, how to structure your content using a content silo, Gert’s “ERICA” framework which is the basis of his SEO strategy, and how to look at the whole picture of your site and not just the quality content.
After you’ve listened, be sure to check out our previous chats with Karl Steinmeyer, an SEO Ninja who is helped us with our Homebrew Academy site, and Nikhil Aitharaju and Ryo Chiba who dive into SEO audits and backlinking strategies.
“Whenever you are on the user’s side on a consistent basis, there’s not much you can do wrong. It can be harder or easier to rank in certain niches and for certain keywords, but if you really try to defend as much as possible the best user experience, you’re in the right place.” – Gert Mellak
Some Topics We Discussed Include
- Fundamentals of a good site audit
- Whether or not to consider using AMP on your site and what to do if you have it and want to switch back
- How to keep up with the Google penguins and pandas
- To de-index or not and what to do with your older articles that have lost their ranking ability
- How to get backlinks from other sites
- The beauty of the content silo and why your site needs one
- How to make use of the content explorer from one of our favorite tools: Ahrefs
- Gert’s E.R.I.C.A. framework of his SEO strategy
- A super-easy way to learn how to rank that most people are probably not doing
Resources From Gert Mellak :
References and Links Mentioned:
- Broken Link Checker
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Did you know we have an awesome YouTube Channel?
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO research tool, Ahrefs.com, and by Easy Webinar – be sure to check out these special deals for our listeners.
- How We’re Scaling Homebrew Academy – Karl Steinmeyer
- Artificial Intelligence, SEO, and Copywriting – Nikhil Aitharaju & Ryo Chiba
Enjoy this clip from our interview with Gert Mellak:
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!