Garrett Gunderson is called a financial genius in entrepreneurial circles, but he wasn’t born with a silver spoon. In fact, the son of a fourth-generation coal miner, Garrett’s blue-collar roots are what makes him so passionate about helping entrepreneurs build economic independence through his business, The Wealth Factory.
In today’s show, we dive into Garrett’s simple upbringing and yet how he grew up with an entrepreneurial mind, even at a young age. We discuss the importance of traveling and gaining a sense of connectedness. We also discuss how Garrett filmed his origin story and was able to break the generational wounds of his grandparents only to go through various stages of what he refers to as the four losing personas with money. He also discusses how these four personas can be flipped around to benefit ourselves and others with a goal of collaboration and innovation.
If you want to transform your thoughts into profits, keep way more of what you make, keep and grow your money without sacrifice or delay, then Garrett is your guy. If you enjoyed this show and want to learn more about how to make your dollar go further while getting into the correct money mindset, be sure to check out our shows with James Altucher and Noah St. John.
“I’m looking to heal generational wounds, create a new story where our family can break the shackles of scarcity that came over with my grandfather as he tried to break free from poverty, and instead embrace abundance and purpose, understand value creation, and develop our gifts and invest in ourselves. That work really matters to me.” – Garrett Gunderson
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How Garrett’s humble upbringing changed the course of his life
- His 14 * 4 * 6 strategy that helps strengthen his marriage
- The four losing games when it comes to money – are you one of these?
- Discussing the opportunity cost of a glass of wine which Garrett had with his wife one night
- How Garrett is able to open up his client’s eyes to discover how to increase cash flow in their business
- Lessons learned from watching the world’s best comedians
- The mindset of money and how what we learn and hear growing up affects us
- The steps of the game of wealth and which important one you should focus on first before diversifying
- And much, much more!
Contact Garrett Gunderson:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Garrett’s Win Then Play playbook
- Managing Oneself by Peter Drucker
- War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here
- Today’s show is co-sponsored by both LinkedIn Marketing Solutions and by Easy Webinar and Casey Zeman. Casey has put together a 20% off deal for our listeners. Be sure to check them out as they have live webinars, hybrid webinars, automated webinars, and social media functionality, everything you need for webinars in a single platform.
- Reverse Engineering How Much Income You Actually Need – James Altucher show
- How To Remove Your Head Trash About Money – Noah St. John
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!