Welcome to Day 3 of the Evergreen Profits Toolkit Series!
This is the third of 10 days of tool madness! Each day we will break down one tool that has completely changed the way we do business. Each of these tools allows us to earn more money and save more of our time.
Let’s get into today’s tool…
What’s The Purpose of Drip?
This is our go-to email autoresponder. We’re BIG fans of growing an email list for your business (this is the first step for all businesses). When you collect emails on one of your opt-in forms, these are the servers that store that database of emails. Tools like Drip are also the tool that you would use to send broadcast emails to that list and to create automated followup campaigns.
We have tried almost every autoresponder under the sun and one wins out. For any level of experience user, Drip is very intuitive, user-friendly, and allows you to use some very powerful followup and automation features. You’ll be able to store your emails, allow you to send broadcasts to the list, create automated followups, and segment your list however you want.
At one time we were using Infusionsoft. It was complicated, confusing, expensive, and we needed teams of consultants to figure out how to use it properly. However, it had two things that we really liked. It had the ability to add tags to customers, providing endless segmentation opportunities, and it had a really cool visual campaign builder where you could create complex followup sequences that took people down different paths based on actions they took. No other autoresponder tool that we could find had either of those features. We just had to suck it up and pay for Infusionsoft to get those two features. Then Drip came along and it had tagging and the ability to create complex campaigns… And it worked just as well as Infusionsoft for 1/4th of the cost. We were almost immediately sold and jumped over.
Here some quick features of using Drip:
- A very simple to use visual workflow builder
- Apply tags based on their actions
- Over 18 triggers and 16 actions that help you automate followups
- Record subscriber activity (emails opened, clicked, which links, conversions and more)
- Identify your best leads (great to reach out with special offers)
- Send very targeted emails based on different criteria
- Track performance of all of your emails
- Integrate with almost anything (ThriveCart, ClickFunnels, and so much more)
- And a lot more
It’s crucial to have a rock solid email autoresponder and Drip knocks it out of the park for us. For a beginner or a seasoned marketing veteran, you need this.
How We Use It In Our Business:
Our autoresponder is the workhorse of our business. All of our leads are stored there, we send our daily broadcasts from it, we have several followup sequences built-out that deliver when people opt-in, and it segments our customers from our leads. Not a day goes by that we don’t login to our autoresponder.
Here are some examples of ways we’ve used Drip in our business:
- Integrate with Optin Monster to capture leads on our website. We like to put opt-ins on all of our content pages and podcast posts.
- Segment list based on the tags. We have tags for buyers and tags for leads that haven’t bought anything. This way, when you’re promoting a product, you can exclude the people who already purchased that product. This also allows you to send special messages just to customers of a specific product. Start creating tags for segmentation from day 1.
- Integrate with ThriveCart to create a database of all of our customers for followup. This is a great way to upsell customers who have already purchased and cross-sell other products.
- We are big proponents of mailing every single day. We don’t always manage to do it ourselves when we get caught up in other projects but it’s a goal of ours to get to a point where we email our list at least once per day (sometimes more). We make more money when we mail and, the more often we mail, the more responsive people seem to become to our mailings.
How You Can Use It In YOUR Business:
Here are some ways that you can quickly get Drip going in your business. Remember, the big goal for any company is to start growing an email list.
Here are some ways that you can do that with Drip and no other connected, third-party app:
- Embedded opt-in: Use the Drip HTML code and paste it where you want it on your website. This will give you a form to use and start collecting emails immediately. This is the most basic way to use an opt-in form on your site.
- Widget opt-in: You can plug in some code on your website and capture people with a live chat-inspired widget that is in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Exit intent opt-in: You can set up an opt-in box to pop up when someone tries to leave your website. If you give them a good enough reason to stick around and get their email address, you just succeeded!
- Start by putting these opt-in forms on the pages of your blog/website that has the most amount of traffic. This way you’ll start growing your list the quickest. The next step is just to start driving more traffic every day!
Get Drip Now:
Drip has been amazing for us and gives us the power, yet simplicity to do everything we want with email marketing. It’s the best way to go that won’t break the bank and is great for any level of marketer.
They actually have a FREE tier that gives you up to 100 subscribers. It’s a chance where you can try Drip out for free and see if it works for you. After that, the pricing stays very reasonable and you’ll have an option to paid either monthly or annually.
Go get Drip now (try it out for free to start) and reply to any of our emails if you have questions about it.
Thanks for reading and we’ll see you tomorrow with another handpicked marketing tool!