Our guest today is Eric Siu who we met last year at Rich Schrefen’s event. Eric has an agency, Single Grain, that works with major companies such as Amazon, Airbnb, and Uber. He also has a content intelligence software called ClickFlow which basically makes you look like a genius. He’s a partner and co-host with Neil Patel in the Marketing School podcast and has his own podcast called Leveling Up. The dude is a rockstar in marketing, SaaS, and software, and he blew us away in this episode.
To top it off, he has a book coming out called Leveling Up, which is all about how to level up in life. In his book he talks about how he’s taken his experience from gaming and poker and has been able to apply these to business and identify power-ups and moments in time where he realizes he can think differently. This allows him to wake up each day and feel like he’s playing a game in real life. Talking with Eric today, he also broke down a ton of traffic strategies, and how you can think differently on how to acquire SEO traffic in a creative way. When you have finished listening, check out our previous chats with Christopher Gimmer and Stephan Spencer for more tactics on how to go off-brand and increase traffic as well as how to succeed with 100% SEO marketing.
“I don’t think that I know too much and that I’m that good and I also don’t think I’m that bad either. That’s the way I approach it and it makes it a lot easier because it keeps me humble and even-keeled. The moment you start to think you are amazing, the moment you start to become too full of yourself – that’s when things start to fall apart.” – Eric Siu
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to approach things with a beginner’s mind
- The power of the podcast once again and how’s it’s lead to great, free education, lifelong friendships, and networking with amazing people
- Why you don’t want to jump the gun and insist your child stop playing all those video games
- How being persistent led from a fledgling podcast to a successful marketing agency
- Why Eric’s agency switched their focus and how they are succeeding current day
- Lessons learned from the poker table
- How to reframe things to increase your power
- Growth principles for long term thinking
- Alternate ways to make money from affiliate marketing without being an affiliate
Resources From Eric Siu:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Roland Frasier’s EPIC challenge
- Gary V’s How To Create 64 Pieces Of Content A Day
- Eric’s YouTube Channel
- Marketing School podcast
- The Almanack of Naval by Eric Jorgenson
- Your Music And People by Derek Sivers
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene M. Schwartz
- The 16 Word Sales Letter by Evaldo Albuquerque
- Let My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Did you know we have an awesome YouTube Channel?
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar – be sure to check out these special deals for our listeners.
- The Founder Of Snappa Shares His SEO Secrets – Christopher Gimmer
- The SEO Mistakes That Everyone Is Making – Stephan Spencer
Enjoy this clip from our interview with Eric Sui:
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!