Armed with a degree from one of the TOP 10 Film Schools in the Country, James Wedmore set out to utilize the power of Video and Visual Storytelling to revolutionize how we interact on the Internet.
After several successful ventures, including an Online Bartending School, James founded Video Traffic Academy: an online YouTube Marketing Training Program that has enrolled over 10,000 small business owners and entrepreneurs all over the country.
He has been featured on numerous sites such as Entrepreneur.com, Rise to the Top, Mixergy and many more. He has been the Guest Instructor on 3 CreativeLIVE Workshops, and today, he hosts James Wedmore TV, his YouTube Channel that’s been viewed over 1 Million times. His mission is simple: show business owners how to create and execute effective video marketing campaigns without spending a lot of time or money.
Here’s just a few of the things that we discussed in this 1st part…
- How bartending led James to creating his first product.
- The real difference between an entrepreneur and a business owner.
- Why YouTube marketing is actually much better than Facebook marketing.
- The free tool within YouTube that is loaded with keywords people are searching for in any niche.
- The three reasons your YouTube channel isn’t getting traction.
- The ONLY success metric on YouTube you should care about.
- The secret YouTube filter search James uses to find the best channels and videos in his niche to know EXACTLY what videos to create.
- The main goal you should have for every video.
- 60% of YouTube views come from search and why that is important.
- The biggest mistake people make when it comes to competition and what James recommends instead.
- Why now is the best time for being successful online and doing it in a short amount of time.
- The most important factors for getting your YouTube videos ranked.
- “The Gut Check” technique James uses to determine whether or not to create a video.
- Why success is inevitable when you’re consistent.
- The fallacy that video takes to long.
- Why the quality of the keyword matters even if it is a keyword that is searched less.
- The #1 reason why the most popular videos have so many views.
- James answers the question “Should you put your videos on both Facebook and YouTube?”
- Why your YouTube channel should model other successful channels.
- The staggering percentage of YouTube views that turn into website traffic (this is powerful!)
- The tool James says is a requirement if you want to use Google Adwords.
- The 6 ranking factors James uses to rank his videos and the two most important ranking factors noone is paying attention to.
- How to use YouTube’s analytics to make better videos and increase engagement.
- The real secret to being successful with content, social media, and everything else.
- Why the things you post on Facebook, instagram and more is not as powerful as marketing on YouTube.
- How to quickly ramp up your authority and views on YouTube.
- How much video is actually being consumed on Facebook.
- The new video custom audience feature in Facebook to use in your marketing.
- How James is using YouTube to grow his podcast.
- How to use YouTube to drive traffic back to your website.
- How to use annotations to get people on your email list with a free download.
- The two primary goals you should have with every video you create.
- What to do if you’re spending more than 10 minutes to edit your videos.
- Why the message is more important than perfection and what to do if you know your video quality won’t be perfect.
- The Mind Your Business Podcast
- James on YouTube
- No B.S. Business Success
- Documentary The Men Who Built America
- Veeroll software
- Part 1 Video Version
- James Wedmore Part 2
Links on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase anything after clicking through on any links, you can assume that I am probably being compensated. However it does not effective the price that you pay for the product.