Trevor Turnbull has become quite a social media marketing sensation. In 2009, he left his 9-5 job to follow his dream of working in the sports industry – and he hasn’t looked back since. Since then, he has helped professional athletes use social media outlets as a way to communicate, build their online presence, and create a legacy that will live on long after the game ends. He has also helped thousands of entrepreneurs, business professionals, and job seekers learn how to use the power of the largest professional social media service – LinkedIn – as a means to gain positive results for their careers.
Trevor has worked with countless Fortune 500 companies including General Motors and Bank of Montreal as a LinkedIn consultant, educator, and speaker. He has founded multiple, highly successful companies including Legacy After The Game, has helped grow one of the largest LinkedIn sports focus groups – Sports Networker – and was featured in several publications such as Forbes and Entrepreneur.
Here’s just a few of the things that we discussed on this episode…
- How to get a free in-depth training course about LinkedIn.
- The domain name that Trevor gave to Lewis Howes.
- Why to travel around the country interviewing your heroes.
- The big opportunity with LinkedIn that most people aren’t seeing.
- How to dial in your LinkedIn profile so that it has a massive impact on your business.
- The “Creeper” feature that’s built-in to LinkedIn that you can leverage to grow your sales.
- How to connect with anyone on LinkedIn.
- The process that you should follow to properly engage with someone once you’ve connected.
- The “tagging” feature that most people don’t even know exists in LinkedIn.
- How to ensure that people see the stuff that you share on LinkedIn.
- The 7-step process to systematize your LinkedIn strategy. (This is gold!)
- How to automate a lot of the processes being taught within LinkedIn.
- How to create your own (easier to manage) LinkedIn inbox.
- A system to make sure you constantly stay in contact with key people in your network.
- How to leverage LinkedIn groups like you leverage a mailing list.
- The strategy to use other people’s groups to generate income.
- Whether or not to accept every request on LinkedIn.
- How to properly target people with LinkedIn so they see your stuff.
- Plus so much more!
- Talk Like Ted
- The E-Myth
- LinkedIn Pulse Tutorial
- Trevor Turnbull – Round 2 Interview