It was a true pleasure and honor to have Dr. Robert Cialdini on the show today, author of one of the most well-known books that many of our guests have referenced. When we got into marketing and entrepreneurship, one of the first books we read was his Influence, which explained the principles of how to execute what we put out into the world. Now with this updated, expanded version, it has been blowing our minds in terms of how practical it is, especially with a brand new principle added. Dr. Cialdini showed us how to get the ethical ‘yes’ and use these persuasion tactics in a very ethical way.
He also discusses the ethical use of scarcity, with limitations on the number of the product, as well as countdown timers. He also talks about how he did not write his famous book for marketers, he wrote it as a book to learn how to avoid being influenced by others. Some other topics we chat about include the Unity Principle and understanding how you look at things differently when you identify with others in the same group. We also talked about the trust factor, and when you take the power away from the buyer by sharing the bad stuff first to create trust and a bond. We have shared our struggles with our guests and on our Therapy Sessions, and we have found this to be very powerful. Lastly, we had an opportunity to ask some questions from our audience, so listen in if yours was included. After you’ve delved into this episode be sure to check out our show that we mentioned about branding as well as our chat with Neil Patel who also knows a thing or two about growing your brand in an ethical way.
“People who are successful have recognized how these principles work at some level. What they often don’t recognize is how to optimize them, and the steps to take that not only activate the principle but maximize its impact in a situation.” – Dr. Robert Cialdini
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- The universal things taught to businesses in order to be successful
- Why Dr. Cialdini’s book was not meant to be the bible for internet marketers
- If you have this one particular kind of authority, no one can beat you as a communicator
- An interesting study about showing your expertise
- The magic of sharing your weaknesses
- How to use this one word to get someone to trust you from the very first meeting
- How to implement scarcity in situations where there really is none
- What to tell people if you are early in the game
Resources From Dr. Robert Cialdini:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- Want to get the Action Guide from this episode? Grab them here!
- Check out our awesome YouTube Channel channel, made for digital marketers and business pros looking for actionable insights, where we dish out meaningful content, relevant topics, and transparent discussions with industry experts.
- Join the Facebook Community – be sure to hop in our Facebook group to chat with us, our other amazing guests that we’ve had on the show, and fellow entrepreneurs!
- We also have a new PodHacker YouTube Channel where you can learn how to build, grow, and monetize a podcast with our unique “PodHacks.” We post tutorials, tips, and interview clips that help podcasters scale their show and make more money from their efforts.
- This episode is sponsored by Easy Webinar and Vidyard – be sure to check out their special deal for our listeners.
- Here’s Why Branding Is Vital – Joe Fier & Matt Wolfe
- Content Strategies To Grow Your Online Brand – Neil Patel
Enjoy the video version of our interview with Dr. Robert Cialdini:
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!