Derral is CEO of Creatus, a video marketing and strategy company. He has helped 27 YouTube channels go from zero to more than a million subscribers, and he’s generated 78 billion views on YouTube. He is the Wall Street Journal best-selling author of “The YouTube Formula: How Anyone Can Unlock the Algorithm to Drive Views, Build an Audience, and Grow Revenue.”
Derral is founder and executive producer of The Chosen, the highest grossing crowdfunded movie project of all time.
We asked Derral to come on to teach us some of the ways he’s helped channels like MrBeast and The Squatty Potty get such massive viewership.
Tune in to hear his wisdom and then join us in the Discord community to discuss.
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How Derral got into video at the age of 8
- Why Superbowl ads are no longer the promise land
- 78 Billion views on YouTube / 36 Billion on Facebook
- How Craigslist sparked a love for YouTube
- How to approach podcasting with YouTube
- How to figure out what audience to target on YouTube
- Figuring out your demographics vs psychographics
- How the YouTube algorithm is working under the hood
- Why you shouldn’t worry about YouTube subscribers
- Why people are leaving Twitch for YouTube to livestream
- How to truly leverage YouTube for your goals
- How being a YouTuber can change the world for the better
Resources From Derral Eves:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Subscribe To The YouTube Channel
- Join our Discord Community
- Sponsored By: Ahrefs – Check out the new free SEO tool!
- Sponsored By: Easy Webinar – be sure to check out their special deal for our listeners.
- Rob Balasabas – How To Maximize Views And Engagement On YouTube
- Tommie Powers – Why You Fail At YouTube Ads (And How To Solve It)
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!