Jason Rotman is an investment professional. He started trading back in 2002 and has not looked back since. He grew up in a suburb outside of Chicago and never really imagined a life as a trader. He actually had aspirations of being a comedian on Saturday Night Live. After college, he got a job in advertising but couldn’t stand it. A friend of his introduced him to the world of trading and investments and he fell in love with it.
Jason’s also been featured on Fox, ABC, and Bloomberg as a financial expert. He has aspirations to teach his investment philosophies to larger and larger audiences and help others discover that strategies that he’s grown to become so passionate about.
Today, we discuss the various investing strategies and philosophies that have created Jason’s success. We dive deep into the world of day-trading and the amazing opportunities that exist within it as well as the pitfalls and lessons learned along the way.
“Daytrading is about speculating. It’s trying to make money in the market through a learned craft and skill set.”– Jason Rotman
Some topics that were discussed include:
- Jason’s journey into the world of day-trading.
- How Jason has received national TV exposure.
- How to look at trading as the ultimate video game with amazing rewards.
- The two aspects of trading that everyone should be aware of.
- An explanation of futures and futures contracts.
- Why Jason believes futures have more potential than stocks.
- How to get into the right mindset of a successful trader.
- The 3 steps that you need to learn to be a trader.
- The absolute biggest barrier to becoming a successful trader (and how to overcome it).
- An explanation of trade setups and indicators.
- A discussion on candlestick patterns and what they’re used for.
- How to get access to Jason’s free private Facebook group.
- Book recommendations and go-to trading websites.
Contact Jason Rotman:
References & links mentioned:
- Trading View
- Trading For A Living by Alexander Elder
- Mind Over Matter by James Dalton
- Trading In The Zone by Mark Douglas
- The Inner Game of Tennis by Timothy Gallwey
- Incredible Charts
- Simple Ways For Anyone To Get Involved In Cryptocurrency Trading – Michael Taggart
- Simple Short-Term Stock Trading Strategies For Everyday People – Phil Newton
Subscribe & Review The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning in to this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information shared in these weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!