David Wood has an interesting background, from working with various businesses to coaching sessions with prisoners and wardens in maximum security prisons. He is using the same mechanism across the board, and by listening to today’s show, you’ll have the opportunity to get it for free. You’ll also hear us doing this in a role play fashion with a real scenario that we had in our business recently.
In this episode, we discuss ways to have difficult conversations with people that we know we need to speak with and how to approach having them, where you may be anxious or worked up about it ahead of time. If you follow this framework, then you really shouldn’t get too worked up, as it becomes a process, not a personal emotional thing. You’ll also realize that we are in our heads a lot, and anxiety pops up as we think of things that we consider to be reality, but this process will help to bring out a logical process where you’ll uncover what to do. It’ll work for your employees, your boss, your spouse, etc. and it’s a process about having tough conversations no matter who you are talking to. If this episode helps in ways to shift your own mindset around dealing with difficult situations, be sure to check out our episodes with Dr. Steve Rudens and David Allen as well.
“The last 25 years have been about the other stuff. It’s about telling the truth….learning to actually like myself more has been the journey.” – David Wood
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How to approach conversations you don’t want to have with your spouse, boss, employee, business partner, etc.
- How to deal with the “mouse in the room” (and it’s not by getting a cat!)
- How David helps his clients like themselves so they can love themselves more
- The tendency to gloss over feeling contracted and how to bring that to light
- What’s it like running this model in a maximum security prison
- Lots of examples on what to say when you are trying to begin the conversation
- Why just filling out the worksheet can reveal some a-ha moments and win over ego
- How this method works with our own real life example
- And much, much more!
Contact David Wood:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Download David’s worksheet for having these tough conversations at PlayForReal.life
- Byron Katie The Work
- Authentic Relating.org
- Get Paid For Who You Are
- Tough Conversations Podcast
- Loving What Is by Byron Katie
- Request a Discovery Session with David Wood
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here!
- This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO research tool, Ahrefs.com, by Easy Webinar and Gina Horkey’s Podcast Production School.
- This Science-Backed Exercise Can Rewire Your Brain For Success – Dr. Steve Ruden
- How A Simple New Habit Will Change Your Life And Reduce Your Stress – David Allen
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!