With a personal promise never to cancel an event, Chris Krimitsos was hours away from introducing a major speaker with only a couple people in the audience. He’d given up, but sent out one more email anyway. When he walked on stage the room was full of people who’d bought tickets last minute, that’s how tight-knit his community has become.
Chris is the passionate professional who hangs around after the event talking and listening to anyone who wants his time. With over 2,000 events under his belt, he’s created a business community that brings everyone – marketers, brokers, and dog groomers alike – into the same room. And he’s the creator of PodFest Expo, one of the largest, and still growing, events in podcasting.
Tired of connecting just digitally? Then let Chris Krimitsos show you how to get people together while keeping expenses low, avoiding rookie mistakes, and creating a live community people can’t wait to return to. When you’re done, check out our conversation with September Dohrmann for more event planning tips and our story of joining the podcasting world.
Can we take this whole ego worship out of the equation?… because that’s how you create a cohesive environment.” -Chris Krimitsos
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- Expenses and pitfalls to avoid while planning your events
- Negotiation tactics to cut your bills in half
- How to launch an engaging, cohesive community
- A simple offer to sell VIP tickets
- The opportunity most speakers are missing out on
- Who’s who in the infamous Podcaster Band
- The 3 reasons people actually attend an event
- Rookie event planner mistakes (what’s with all these chairs?)
- Watch your BEO! Why a nod can wipe your profits
- The Whisper Campaign that draws in your niche audience
- How to pick the right location for your event
- The Messengers, unique reasons podcasters are such a supportive culture
Contact Chris Krimitsos:
References and Links Mentioned:
- GenM (Sponsor) – Find marketing apprentices for $50/mo
- Hustle & Flowshorts – Our new daily podcast!
- Free Evergreen Traffic Playbook
- The Perpetual Audience Growth Course – Learn how to drive consistent, high-quality traffic day in and day out
- Kid Friendly Joke Of The Day Podcast
- Conference Cashflow Podcast
- The Messengers: A Podcast Documentary on Amazon
- The Biggest Lessons Learned Growing A Podcast – 100th Episode!
- September Dohrmann: How To Use Old School Marketing Tactics To Grow Huge Events
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!