At 37 years old, Carl Allen was holding his firstborn son in his hands when he told his wife, “That’s it, I’m retiring!” He quit his job in corporate acquisitions, but retirement only lasted a few weeks. That dealmaker’s itch needed to get scratched, but was there a way to buy companies all by himself?
Now Carl is an entrepreneur, investor, and corporate dealmaker who has worked on transactions worth over $50 billion. He is one of the world’s premier experts on buying and financing small business acquisitions and coaches entrepreneurs all over the world to buy small businesses rather than starting new ones.
Put your personal assets aside as Matt and Joe get their financial mindset torn down and reimagined by Carl Allen, who lets them in on how to buy businesses with other people’s money, find sellers with the right mindset, and 3 ways to make a leveraged buyout and grow your new business. If you want to know more about buying, growing, and selling businesses check out our talks with Brad Costanzo and Paul Lemberg.
All the reasons why startups fail: you got no employees, no cash flow, no reputation… Go and buy an existing business, it’s got all that stuff!”– Carl Allen
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- The lateral thinking you need to buy businesses with other people’s money
- What to do the one day a year you actually visit your business
- Which sectors are ideal for leveraged buyouts
- 2 things every business you buy must have
- How to find sellers with the ideal mindset and what to offer them
- The 21% of businesses you want to avoid buying
- 3 ways you can make a buyout and grow your new business
- Why buying a company is the best way to be innovative
- A 10 step system to pick, buy and sell a business for profit
- How to find the GM or CO to run your business day to day
- Optimizing your businesses to weather any geopolitical storm
- 3 steps to grow revenue and cut costs in just 7 days
Contact Carl Allen:
References and Links Mentioned:
- GenM (Sponsor) – Find marketing apprentices for $50/mo
- Get A Grip by Gino Wickman
- Traction by Gino Wickman
- Rocket Fuel by Gino Wickman
- The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber
- Barbarians at the Gate by Bryan Burrough
- How To Build A Huge Network And Buy Businesses For No Money Down – Brad Costanzo
- How To 10x Your Company’s Growth – Paul Lemberg
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!