Today we are talking about stickers with Anthony Constantino, one of the founders and CEO of Sticker Mule. A factory guy at heart, Anthony oversees an operation that spans 16 countries in 4 continents with customers including Google, Facebook, Twitter and many of the world’s best brands.
We had an awesome conversation about the history of the business, how he got started, where the name came from, why he likes manufacturing and how he plans his manufacturing process.
We also discuss his AppSumo deal, how he hires employees and some really interesting stories around his business. He also has an interesting product in the mix which we talk about as well. After you’re done, be sure to check out our previous shows with Jeff Vacek and how he leverages physical products to increase sales and Steven Sashen as we talk about moving your brand into the mainstream.
P.S. Since we released this podcast, Sticker Mule launched a new, simple software called Trace. It immediately removes the background from your photos, so you can have a professional-looking image with no background. Really impressive. Try it out!
“We said from day one, on the customer end, we want things to be fast, simple and fun.” – Anthony Constantino
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- How Sticker Mule got its cool name
- How a complaint from a customer paved the way for an operation in Italy
- Why simplicity wins over everything else
- How Anthony creates a work environment of trust and idea generation
- Why it’s important to pay attention to even the smallest of details
- Why he “stole” from Google and why it’s working now
- How feeding thousands of burgers to a crowd led to a new product creation
- How Anthony was able to start a brand new company without even knowing what they would be selling and having no knowledge of internet marketing
- If you can find the Easter egg in this episode, reach out to us!
- And much, much more!
Contact Anthony Constantino:
- You can see Anthony’s Sticker Mule blog here
References and Links Mentioned:
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here where you’ll get not only all of the notes for everything episode we’ve done and will do in the mail, a private forum community, plus new training videos all the time with us and our guests.
- This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO, badass research tool, Ahrefs.com. This tool is not just for Google, you can actually search out rankings on YouTube, Amazon, and Bing among others to get ranking results, ideas, questions people are asking. We use this amazing tool pretty much daily, and if you listen back to some of our most recent episodes, we breakdown some of the tactics we use in our intros, such as website audits, looking at our competitors’ websites, and finding low hanging fruit keywords. It’s like having cheat codes for business. As of this episode, they have a 7 day $7 trial, so be sure to check it out.
- Sticker Mule
- Try Trace created by Sticker Mule (it’s AMAZING!)
- The Nature of Managerial Work by Henry Mintzberg
- Work Rules by Laszlo Bock
- Sticker Mule’s new Hot sauce
- Our show with Jeff Vacek
- Our show with Steven Sashen
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!