After shifting careers into marketing, Amber Spears was handwriting copy and barely making ends meet. Then she was offered the company’s struggling affiliate department and 10% on whatever she brought in. Always a saleswoman at heart, she leaped at the chance.
Now Amber runs her own marketing companies, helping clients do over $150 million in business a year with her affiliate methods. She is the co-Founder of East 5th Avenue, Affiliate Accelerator, SPEARS Method, and the Mimosa Mastermind. She is also a highly sought after speaker, trainer, coach, and consultant.
Affiliate marketing might have had a bad rap, but times are changing. Listen in as Matt and Joe talk with Amber about what a great affiliate partnership looks like, the right way to split revenues, and why an affiliate network is a fast, stable way to grow a business. When you’re done, check out our conversations with Stephen Esketzis and Dan Brock for more affiliate marketing strategies.
These kind of handshake deals are just not the proper way to do business, it’s business with a small b, not a capital B.” -Amber Spears
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- Rules for picking great affiliate partners
- How to stop wasting 75% of your time on admin tasks
- The right way to split revenue with affiliates
- Why it’s structured deals or no deal
- Minimum numbers so you’re never swimming upstream
- How to target traffic that’s actually affiliate traffic
- What to do as soon as a campaign bombs
- Recognizing affiliate leaks and plugging them up
- Getting out of your comfort zone (and getting traffic!)
- Outreach to get pushy but never be a jerk
- A simple contest to quickly build an affiliate network
- Where to find stable revenue for your product
- Latest trends in effective affiliate marketing
Contact Amber Spears:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Hustle & Flowshorts – Our new daily podcast!
- GenM (Sponsor) – Find marketing apprentices for $50/mo
- Free Evergreen Traffic Playbook
- The Perpetual Audience Growth Course – Learn how to drive consistent, high-quality traffic day in and day out
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson
- Stephen Esketzis: Affiliate Marketing Using Epic Content
- Dan Brock: How To Earn A Living Promoting Affiliate Products on YouTube
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flow Chart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!