Today we’re talking to our neighbor and easily the strongest guy in the marketing world, AJ Roberts. He was one of our very first guests, appearing on episode #17. AJ has reinvented himself from being an overworked, broke gym owner who was struggling to now serving as the Chief Revenue Officer at Genesis Digital, the company behind Kartra, Ever Webinar and Webinar Jam.
AJ oversees sales, marketing and the customer experience, and is constantly testing and tweaking things to increase both the company’s revenue and the success of their customers. He’s got a million growth hacks he’s always experimenting with, quite of few of which you’ll hear in this episode. He also discusses some tactical ways on how he continues to increase his sales. We also go behind the scenes of how Kartra operates and how AJ is always searching for new ways to increase customer retention and keep the customers happy and continuing to use their software.
After you’re done, you’ll definitely want to check out our first show we did with AJ on how to create a system for creating systems as well as our episode with Paul Lemberg on how to 10X your company’s growth.
“I’m a huge implementer and want to see stuff happen and being able to control that in a way, being a little bit of a control freak…it works a little bit easier when it’s your own business.” – AJ Roberts
Download The Episode Companion For This Episode
Some Topics We Discussed Include:
- Why it’s super important to bid on your own brand
- The value behind Kartra as being an all in one software platform
- Where to spend your money when you are just starting out
- Details behind successful Done For You campaigns
- Benefits of running a company with virtual employees
- How AJ is able to produce amazing email deliverability results
- The different acquisition strategies that are having great results now
- AJ’s test results from a $1 vs. free trial offer
- The best model when you are building up a business quickly
- And much, much more!
Contact AJ Roberts:
References and Links Mentioned:
- Are you ready to be EPIC with us?! Then grab our EGP Letter here where you’ll get not only all of the notes for everything episode we’ve done and will do in the mail, a private forum community, plus new training videos all the time with us and our guests.
- This episode is sponsored by our go-to SEO research tool, Ahrefs.com. We found out recently that one of our most profitable traffic sources is going on other people’s podcasts. With Ahrefs, there’s this cool trick you can do that is basically searching that has someone’s else’s name on it. So we can use this tool, type in a name and find other podcasts to be on, if you search out guests names and see where they pop up. We use this amazing tool pretty much daily, and if you listen back to some of our most recent episodes, we breakdown some of the tactics we use in our intros, such as website audits, looking at our competitors’ websites, and finding low hanging fruit keywords for easy Google rankings. It’s like having cheat codes for business. As of this episode, they have a 7 day $7 trial, so be sure to check it out.
- Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson
- First 100 days by Joey Coleman
- Overdeliver by Brian Kurtiz
- Westside vs. The World
- Genesis Digital
- Webinar Jam
- Ever Webinar
Subscribe & Review To The Hustle & Flowchart Podcast
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the Hustle & Flowchart Podcast! If the information in our weekly conversations and interviews have helped you in your business journey, please head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver great, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more amazing entrepreneurs just like you!